"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38 and 39

Monday, February 22, 2010


Ask anyone close to me and they can tell you that I have planned my wedding out in my head for years. I mean I have planning weddings in thought down to a science. However, doing it in real life is much different!

Our wedding is 9 1/2 months away, but I would like to go ahead and decide on colors so that we can make other decisions. Well, one thing I have learned in the 4 months I have been engaged is that MOBs pick really random things to be concerned over. For example, my mom is pretty
set on certain colors that will not be part of the color palette. Today she and Mee Maw went to Columbia to look at dresses again and of course they select more that they like, but I don't. My mother even purchased a swatch. It's a color that will not be used (Bridesmaids, It would have washed some of you out--No thanks needed). My prayers lately have been for patience as well as a new, compassionate attitude towards the ones I love. The Lord worked through our conversation for a while as I calmly thanked them for their efforts while also politely saying I prefer other style dresses. But, then, it just got too much and I finally announced that I was pulling the "It's my wedding" card. The question is though whether or not my card trumps her "I'm paying for it" card???

No comments:

Post a Comment